Tuesday, September 13, 2005

About Posting

Once you are registered on blogger.com, there are at least two ways to post to this blog.

The first, more complete method is to log into the dashboard by clicking the blogger icon at the top left hand side of the page. The dashboard you will allow you to post pictures and manage all previous posts. If you are familiar with Hello!, you should note that it is no longer necessary to use Hello! to post pictures. You can post pictures directly now through the dashboard.

The second, simpler method to posting is to click the "Blog This!" link at the top of the page. That link will ask you for login information and then display a small window that you can use for posting. There, you can type a title, a message, and perform simple functions like spell checking. This method trades functionality for simplicity.

If you ever make a mistake in your posts, you can always go back and edit them from the dashboard. The only thing to keep in mind is that the blog is chronologically ordered, and can't (as far as I know) be reordered in some other way. You can add posts, edit posts, and delete posts, but you can't reorder them.

One final note about the blog. This blog, www.stephensclan.blogspot.com is not publicly registered with blogger.com. That means it won't come up when other people are surfing blogs. This should afford us some degree of privacy, however, anyone who puts the URL into their web browser will be able to see our blog. This is a good thing, because it will allow others, like Grandpa, to see the blog. Just keep in mind that what you post can potentially be viewed by anyone.

I should mention that anyone can make comments to existing posts by clicking the comment link. Anyone, whether they be our extended family or complete strangers, can make comments to our posts. I don't expect this to be a problem, but if it is, I can turn that setting off.

With that said, I hope that you enjoy posting to the blog. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

--Nate

One final note: I am hoping that the two most recent additions to the Stephens family, JoLee and Brooke, will not be too harsh when reviewing our punctuation and grammar mistakes. If they do start making fun of us, perhaps Aaron and I will limit our posts to theorems, lemmas, axioms, and a host of Greek and Latin words such as xi and a priori.

No comments: