With the change of the seasons and daylight savings approach, I'm already beginning to miss the long days and the warm nights. When I lived in Costa Rica, the length of the days never changed, because I lived so close to the equator. Then I started thinking about how every other place I lived was at about the same latitude, which means that the days tend to be the same length. I happen to have a list of all the lats and longs by zip codes, so I delved into the file and found out how far North I have spent 28 out of the last 30 years of my life. I was amazed at how close all the latitudes were! You'll find them below with JoLee's home zip code in Colorado Springs.--Nate
--------------------------------
Latitude City
--------------------------------
40.2139 Provo, UT
38.9576 Colorado Springs, CO
38.9011 Overland Park, KS
38.8019 Alexandria, VA
38.6839 Orangevale, CA
--------------------------------
2 comments:
That's pretty amazing! Orangevale is practically in the tropics.
wow, a true statistician
Post a Comment