Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Go Green

I bought some reusable bags from our local grocery store, The Price Chopper. (Pretty awesome name for a store, eh?) Anyway, I wanted the bags so that I could be a more environmentally friendly shopper. What I wasn't prepared for is that these little bags have actually greatly increased my shopping satisfaction. And here is why. The bags are bigger and more durable than your standard plastic sack. Thus, more can food can be packed into them, and that means that I have to make less trips carrying bags from my car to my appartment. I know this doesn't sound like much, but seriously, it's made a big difference to me.


Also, the bags are perfect for carrying books to and from the library. I've shown up more than once at the library with an empty bag and loaded it up. As you can see, I have a lot of library books at my house.


7 comments:

Sarah said...

We had a Price Chopper in St. Louis when I was growing up. It's fun to know they are still around!

And congrats on going green. I keep meaning to buy shopping bags like that... you may have just given me the incentive I needed!

Paige said...

I am super happy to hear that something has improved your grocery shopping. I know it is your least favorite thing. Congratulations!

Shanda said...

You're setting such a great example! I have taken my own bags a few times, but I always forget to take them back out to the car. You're right though, it is amazing how much more you can pack in those bags & how nice it is to night have to make two or three trips back out to your car to get all the grocerys!

S&J Jones Family said...

I use mine for library trips, too. :) Hyvee gave a free one away with a purchase a while back so I have one from there and a couple from whole foods.

Jessie said...

You know what I love about the green bags, the long handles so you can throw them over your shoulder. Makes carrying them in much easier!

Shannon said...

I bought some similar to these and I love them!

Daisy said...

That's a great idea. I never really got what the buzz was about on these bags, but I think I might buy some too!