Saturday, July 03, 2010

Beckett's First Birthday

Beckett turned one on a Thursday. We went swimming that day with friends and that evening Nate brought home balloons. Beckett loves balloons. We went out to dinner to celebrate Beckett's first year and he graciously gave us his birthday gelato because he's so grateful that we've kept him alive for a whole year.
On Saturday my mom arrived for a visit, so we had a birthday party for Beckett on Sunday. We had some friends over for dinner, gifts, and cake.

Beckett really wasn't sure what to think about the cake. I think he only had a couple nibbles.
Beckett loves all his gifts. He's been playing with them nonstop. Among his favorites are the workbench that counts and sings, a gift from Abby, Ava and Mark, a toy cell phone and laptop, and the book my mom gave him. He loves his books.
Abby and I love getting together with our Beckett and Avalee. Although they look indifferent here, they really are starting to enjoy each others company.
We sure love our birthday boy.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow, I can't believe he's one!! Happy Birthday, Beckett!

Shannon said...

Can't believe it! What a cutie.

Anonymous said...

So cute! I'm a little late, but happy birthday Beckett! We'll see you this upcoming weekend, right?!