Beckett is so much fun right now. Don't get me wrong he's definitely a toddler, and there are the inevitable meltdowns that occur when I won't let him play with the telephone or I take away the keys. That aside, he's becoming an inquisitive little person with a pleasant personality.
He still has a major love of books, and he reads to himself daily. He will now point at the objects in the pictures to get you to tell him what they are. For some reason he finds it especially funny when we tell him "the cat says meow." That always makes him laugh.

Beckett was about ready to climb right into this fountain. He loves water a little too well.

Jen sent Will's old Halloween costume. We fear it may not fit Beckett in a month and a half. So here are some shots of the spider. He didn't seem to mind that he was basically wearing a pillow.


Beckett loves the outdoors, and he already tackles the playground with gusto. It's hard to get a good photograph at the playground with Beckett so focused on climbing.




One of Beckett's favorite games right now is to run down the hall to his bedroom and then slam the door in your face. He laughs and laughs the whole way down the hall. Then when you knock on the door and open it, and he laughs some more. It turns out to be a pretty fun game for mom too because after a couple knocks he'll come out and give me a hug. Then he runs away to repeat the process all over again laughing and laughing.
I'm also enjoying the moments when Beckett sit with me. The other day when I was lying on the couch sick with strep throat Beckett climbed up to sit with me for half an hour while we watched a cartoon. He'll come over and pat your leg to get picked up. This is nice, but we have to be wary of the throat grab. That kid thinks it's hilarious to grab people's throats with his little hands and squeeze. It really hurts, but he just laughs at our pain.
Nate got this nice shot at the park the other day. Beckett will go down this slide all by himself.
7 comments:
great photos. I love that last one especially!!
Looks like he is keeping you very busy. I love his smile.
Love the spider costume!! He is getting so big! :)
I love the hugs after slamming the door. Hugs from little ones are the BEST!! My youngest is 3 1/2 and I love getting her hugs. I don't want her to grow up.
What a cutie! Lila calls all of her dolls Baby Beckett. I'm sure she'll be surprised, next time she sees him, that he's not much of a baby anymore!
What a cutie! Lila calls all of her dolls Baby Beckett. I'm sure she'll be surprised, next time she sees him, that he's not much of a baby anymore!
Wow, he has gotten so big. Such a cutie!
Post a Comment