Nate, Beckett, and I took a trip to Cancun this September. Nate's brother, Aaron, and his wife, Brooke, and the two kids, Keontay and Daysha, met us there.
I had never stayed at an all-inclusive resort before, and, for me, it was great because finding food on vacations stresses me out. Everyone is hungry, you are in unfamiliar territory, you are trying to pack in as many sites as possible, you can't find a decent place to eat. On this vacation that was never a problem. Another benefit of the buffet was that there was always something that Beckett would eat, even if the only thing he'd put in his mouth that night was french fries.
Our room overlooked the pool. We had a second floor balcony. The first floor room walked right out into the pool.

From our balcony, one afternoon, we looked out and saw Aaron and Brooke and the kids swimming away. They performed some tricks for us.





Keontay made a new friend named Sam.

Beckett loves swimming so he had a great time in Mexico. Here he is in the baby pool.

And playing on the steps in the big pool.

The boys enjoyed their strawberry and pineapple slushes.

I shared mine with Beckett.

The hotel had a beautiful courtyard with lots of fountains (yes we had to practice constant vigilance everywhere we went).


Beckett loved this fountain best. He washed a bunch of the rocks.

In our room, after a full day, Beckett read himself a book.

Here's a coatimundi strolling through the hotel grounds. We also saw an iguana near this same spot, a couple of frogs, lots of interesting birds, and a huge red crab who was lost and in the swimming pool.

The ocean was just a short walk, and the beach was gorgeous--beautiful, white sand and shallow, warm water.
Keontay snagged this pumice that was floating in the waves.

The big kids built several sand castles.

Beckett loved the ocean. He would run into the waves laughing and laughing. It was a good workout for everyone.







Every once in a while Beckett would take a welcome break from all the running and swimming to play in the sand.



After all that hard work Beckett was worn out. On the day this picture was taken Beckett fell asleep in his high chair at dinner. Certainly not a normal occurrence for him.

Every morning while we were in Mexico Beckett woke up between 5 and 6am. We weren't always too pleased with the early morning schedule (especially since breakfast didn't open until 7am), but on our last morning in Mexico we took advantage of the early wake up call and went down to the beach for the sunrise.



This little device may deserve the MVP award for the trip. We had three Super Why episodes and Beckett watched them over and over again--on the airplane, when he was ready to leave the dining hall but we were still eating, when he wanted to get out the stroller but we still had a long walk ahead of us. Hip, hip hooray the iPod Nano saves the day!

The trip was a lovely end-of-the-summer hoorah. We came back to fall and cooler temperatures.
Next time: Our day trips to the Mayan ruins.
9 comments:
Nice post, JoLee! I've gotta organize my pics to share them with you, but I downloaded picasa to help me with it.
Wow, looks like so much fun!
I love the pool! I wish my room would walk right out into one. It looks like an amazing trip.
What an awesome trip. The pool and the beach looked like a lot of fun.
the pictures are beautiful! what fun!
Looks like you had a great summer. Now all you have to do is come to Nauvoo to experience it all.
Love,
Paul and Bonnie
beautiful photos! looks amazing!
and I LOL'ed at the 'nano saves the day' comment. Clearly PBS and I spend a lot of time together. :)
How fun are you guys?! I can't believe that Beckett is walking and being so big. I've got to meet that kid someday!
How cool is this trip! I would love to travel to Mexico with my siblings! What an awesome resort. It looks like you guys had an incredible time.
Post a Comment