I made a recent post regarding the coolness of the new Nano. Well, it turns out that many users are having problems with the LCD screens of their new toy. Specifically, the Nano is prone to scratching. I imagine that a recall is in the near future.
This isn't the first time Apple has had problems with the iPod. Some years ago, users found out the hard way that the battery in their first generation iPod was irreplacable. That meant they had to replace the whole unit instead of only the battery. It just goes to show that the latest and greatest is sometimes merely the latest.
4 comments:
That's too bad. I bet they fix it pretty soon.
Yeah, Apple has ticked off its consumer base on occasion, but above all Apple is dedicated to building a quality product. I'm not concerned. The Nano is still going to make plenty of waves.
Apple said that it would replace the Nanos that suffered from easily scratched screens. It seems that this was a defect in only a small fraction of the Nanos sold. Trying to avoid responsibility, Apple mentioned that the problem resulted from a supplier defect.
That last comment was from me.
Post a Comment