Thursday, November 17, 2005

Modern Dance



JoLee and I had our first night at the Kansas City theater last Thursday. The Alvin Ailey modern dance group made their anual appearance downtown. If you ever get a chance to see them, I highly recommend you go, even if you don't think you like modern dance. They were very entertaining. The show moved along quickly and ended sooner than I would have liked.

We saw the show downtown. I didn't know it, but there's a really nice area in the heart of Kansas city that has fountains and theathers and a cofernece center. We bought tickets in the upper balcony and squeezed into the tiny chairs. It was worse than being at the Marriott Center. At intermission we went downstairs, where surprisingly the view isn't as good, but the seats are WAY bigger. Anway, we had a great time, and I'm sure we'll go back.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

That's way cool. I'd like to see them. They come to Davis every year.

Anonymous said...

JoLee and Nathan. I know I am not a family member (well, I am JoLee's family so I guess that sort of makes me yours now too Nathan), but I wanted to tell you guys that I have started checking out your site fairly often. It is inspiring and makes me want to make my own. Also, I am very glad to see that you are getting a healthy portion of culture Nathan. JoLee is great for teaching one all about the arts. I particularly miss the constant updates about what type of architecture I am seeing. Some day I expect a visit out of you two so I can learn more about Boston!
love,
nicole

Unknown said...

Yes, we definitely need to go to Boston. I've never been, and JoLee is dying to explain the architecture to me.

Anonymous said...

I thought, at first, that you guys were learning how to do some modern dance. And I pictured you flying in that pose of the flying dude in biker shorts. Great visual.