Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sonic

JoLee and I have been enjoying the Sonic commercials. We don't care for the food, really, but we laugh at the commercials. In fact, we like the commercials so much that we wish we did like the food. Now that's targeted marketing. Last time we were out on the road in the middle of Missouri, we stopped by a Sonic restaurant. We both admitted to ourselves that the only reason we were there was because the commercials are hilarious. We approached the drive through and looked at the menu board. The lady kept pestering us to order, so we finally we gave in. We gave in to our disinterest, that is. We drove away. So, the Sonic commercials are really great, but I guess they still need to work on their food. By the way, we ate lunch at Appleby's that day. It turns out that their world headquarters is in Kansas City.

3 comments:

cory said...

"You've got to go strong to your mouth, don't bring that weak action here." - From my favorite Sonic commercial about the nasty looking chili cheese tots.

Jen said...

I started telling Rod a story today & he interrupted me. He "asked" me to be quiet so he could watch what was on tv.
I saw that it was a Sonic commercial & got pretty ticked off that I was being set aside for a stupid advertisement.
Rod defended himself, saying, "I'm just trying to support your brother!"
I had no idea what he meant until I checked the blog... :)

Aaron said...

A lone sonic opened in Woodland, so now I hear ads on the radio for it all the time. They're pretty funny.