Sunday, October 07, 2007

Jess and Eric's Wedding

This post is all about my friend Jessica. Jessica and I have known each other for about 15 years now, ever since 6th grade when her family moved to Colorado Springs. Jess and I were in the Children's Chorale together. We were locker partners for 3 years in high school (a fact I'm sure she would want documented here).

Here we are getting ready to graduate from high school.


After graduation Jess and I went off to BYU together. We lived together our freshman year in the dorms.


We were both at BYU for 7 years working on our bachelors degrees and then masters (me) and law (Jess) degrees. In that time we were roommates for 3 years (3 seems to be our number). Below we are celebrating graduating from college.


This week Jess and I were reunited once again. On Thursday morning I flew to Atlanta so that I could be at Jessica's wedding on Friday.


I met up in Atlanta with another friend from middle school, high school, and chorale, Erika. Erika and I hung out all weekend and shared a hotel room. It was really fun to see her again.

Jess wasn't exactly on time for the wedding, but technically, I guess a bride can't be late. So while we were waiting for the festivities to begin, Erika and I sneaked into the Bride's Room to hang out with her two hilarious sisters, Andrea and Sarah, and wait for Jessica to arrive.



When Jess arrived, Andrea and I laced up the back of her dress, and it looked awesome, if I do say so myself. I was very pleased with my small contribution to the event.




And then the moment had arrived. Here's the setting before all the guests took their seats.

The adorable flower girl. The best part was that when she got to the front of the aisle she turned over her basket and dumped out the remaining petals.

The bride and groom.

Cutting the cake. Jess and Eric had a really delicious wedding cake!



Congratulations to the happy couple! I'm looking forward to the next 15 years.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for taking so many great pictures. Jess looks beautiful!

Jessica said...

Great pictures, JoLee. You'll have to email them to us and we'll send you any you'd like. Eric was interested in all the old pictures, most of which he'd never seen before. (I try and hide lots of them.) We're back and doing great, although we have some pretty insane honeymoon stories. (A brief preview: it involved 4 separate doctor's visits!) Say hi to Nate and thanks again for posting your always great photos.

JoLee said...

Jess, I wanted to get some REALLY old pictures of us from when we were in Middle School, but -- lucky for you and maybe not so lucky for Eric -- I couldn't find any. So the oldest picture is from when we were seniors in High School, and, all thing considered, that's not all that long ago.

Jessica said...

We've put up a web album with highlights. (There's a great picture of you, me, and Erika.)

http://picasaweb.google.com/jwseverson/OurWedding