Sunday, August 17, 2008
California with Nicole and Jill
On Sunday afternoon Nicole, Jill, and I headed back to the beautiful Table Rock Beach so that Jill and Nicole could experience its glamor as well.



Then we had to say goodbye to Jill so that she could drive back to Phoenix. Nicole and I picked up our rental car and headed back to the beach. We were going to go rollerblading at Huntington Beach, but we had some problems with Nicole's borrowed blades. So instead we walked out onto the pier and admired the sunset.
For our very last day in California, Nicole and I decided to go to Disneyland. We were there for 13 hours of fun. Here we are on the Matterhorn. Nicole is getting ready to face the Abominable Snowman.

We got absolutely soaked on Splash Mountain. I have never gotten that wet on that ride before. This is the "after shot" of Nicole. Even her hair is wet.
On our way into Innoventions Nicole spotted a worker on a Segway, and she almost went over to ask him if she could take it for a ride. She decided not to because Disneyland is all about the rules. But we were thrilled to learn that we could ride a Segway inside. The line was really long, but I think it was worth it. Riding a Segway is cool. Nate and Hyrum were so jealous.
We also ran into fellow BYU teammate, Anika, at Disneyland. She was in California with her whole family. Anika is the best. She was "my freshman" when I was a senior at BYU. Her locker was right next to mine, and we ran the same events so we worked out a lot together. Now Anika has 3 kids. Crazy.
The really funny part about running into Anika is that we saw her in front of the Pizza Port in Tomorrowland, which is also where I ran into teammate Courtney in January.
Nicole and I had a great time at Disneyland. We had a great time in California. I'll sure miss Nicole and Jill. We'll have to meet up again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so jealous! I can't believe I missed out on all the fun!
whoa, that's hilarious that you saw anika fanika at disneyland. and courtney. you must go there a lot?!
No, not at all. That's what's so funny. Until this year I hadn't been to Disneyland since my junior year in high school.
Post a Comment