Saturday, June 27, 2009

Beckett and Avalee and Carly

In December I went to Lawrence to turn in a paper and my friend Abby and I went to lunch together. When we got there she told me that she and Mark were pregnant, and to her surprise I responded by saying, "so are we." Abby was due two weeks before me, and remarkably both of our doctors were in the same office.

Abby and Mark had their baby a little bit late. She arrived on the 22nd. Beckett was one week early. So as we were going into the hospital I knew that Abby and Mark were still there. They, however, were absolutely astounded when they saw Nate in the hall. They came and brought Avalee to see me on Wednesday before Beckett was born. We took these pictures on Thursday before Abby and Mark took Avalee home.




Abby and Mark weren't the only couple at the hospital that we knew. On Thursday my nurse came in a said that I had some friends who were at the hospital getting ready to check out and they wanted to say hi before they left. I, course, thought that those friends must be Abby and Mark, and I was surprised when in walked Lindsey and Rich Sparks. Rich and Lindsey recently moved, but they used to go to church with us. Lindsey and I have the same doctor, and we would sometimes see each other at the office. So when they saw my facebook post they knew that we were in the hospital and came to find us. Lindsey and Rich had a baby girl named Carly. How fun to have friends at the hospital.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's crazy that everyone was having babies at the same time! Again, Beckett is adorable..congrats!