Monday, November 02, 2009

Costumes

Halloween started early out here. We had a little neighborhood trunk or treat the weekend before Halloween. The Hinze kids had the good fortune of being in town at just the right moment to score some early sugar. They looked majorly cute.

Beckett had issues with his costume. Back in August when I was visiting Colorado we bought Beckett a skeleton costume. But come October 31st, it no longer fit. So we squeezed the baby into the outfit for a few pictures, and then regrouped.

We went to a couple of other stores looking for a bigger skeleton or a cute costume and left empty handed. Enter: Jen Hinze. She brought us a darling giraffe costume from Texas. And, as we know, Beckett loves his African mammals, so the giraffe was a perfect choice.

At our ward's Halloween party Beckett found a fellow safari animal. Here's Beckett and Benji as a giraffe and a lion. Benji's grandma made his amazing costume.

On Halloween we passed out candy to all the kids in our new neighborhood. I also made a pumpkin and sweet potato soup that could become a Halloween tradition.


After a while Beckett had to take a snooze to recover from all the excitement of the evening.

Little B was a pretty cute baby giraffe.

7 comments:

Jessie said...

He's getting so big and super cute as a giraffe and skeleton. You'll have to give me that soup recipe. Sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Halloween was wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!

The Stephens Family said...

I'm so sad he outgrew his costume... I think I'd better hurry up and mail his baby gift before he outgrows it too!! He made an adorable giraffe anyway, and it looks like you had tons of fun with the Hinze gang. Have a wonderful Fall and a great Thanksgiving!!
Brad and Melissa

Nicole said...

Adorable! When am I gonna get some Beckett loving? Wanna come visit? I miss you!

Dorothy said...

I love both costumes! The skeleton is pretty cool when it glows. But there is something extra cuddly about that giraffe. Makes me wish I was there for a hug and kiss.

Shannon said...

What a cute little giraffe!

J said...

I love how Beckett is a little giraffe sleeping in his swing under large leaves. Very jungle like.