Felix is a crawling machine and has been for over a month. Beckett did the worm/tummy slithering for months. Felix has been off the ground from the get-go. Unfortunately, I can't say that crawling around has made him happier. Now wherever we go he crawls after us, crying. He would like to be held almost all the time. Unfortunately with a 20-pounder that is just not possible.
Because Felix is crawling he is into all of Beckett's stuff all the time. We hear a constant stream of "No, baby. No. No." I am a little sympathetic to Beckett's plight. Felix is basically babyzilla.
Not only is Felix crawling, but he is pulling himself up. Already. This started at about 7 and a half months, and I have been complaining ever since about how Felix is in such a hurry to grow up, but I just looked at old posts to see that Beckett was doing the same at this age. It still seems to early to me. Why the rush baby Felix? Be a baby. Now he's working on figuring out how to get back down. (Update: A day, maybe two, after I made this post and he can get back down with no problems.)
Basically the day very Beckett learned to stand on his own he was no longer interested in this baby trick. Felix is obviously still a fan.
Felix has 6 teeth. He is becoming quite the little Sunny Baudelaire. "And the baby bites." He is not biting while he nurses, thankfully.
I started feeding Felix baby food around 5 and a half months, and I was largely unsuccessful. I thought he just wasn't interested in eating until Nate discovered that it was not the food itself but the manner in which it was delivered. Felix has no interest, in fact he is quite against, being spoon fed. He must feed himself. This is completely foreign to me because Beckett had a very strong gag reflex that made him very reluctant to try to feed himself. We were feeding him baby food until well after his first birthday. Just 6 months ago Beckett would frequently ask me to spoon feed him. Annoying, I know. A baby that feeds himself is nice in some ways, but also very messy. I have to be a little creative when I think of things he can eat. And yes, we do have one of those net things.
Felix can also bite! I say this with an exclamation point because I don't think Beckett learned how to bite until he was 2 and a half. Seriously. And we wonder why it's so difficult to feed our older child. Felix also recently learned how to drink out of a sippy cup. Hallelujah! He never did figure out a bottle.
Felix keeps getting beat up by his brother. I have a feeling this is the beginning of years and years of separating the boys. It's amazing how quickly the older brother adoration kicks in, but it's also crazy how quickly the older brother feels the uncontrollable impulse to pick on the littler brother.
They look an awful lot alike to me in this picture.
It looks like Felix is going to be another brown-eyed boy.






3 comments:
Why must they grow so quickly. Those are some great pictures of Felix.
"babyzilla." I can relate. Excellent summary of your baby.
Wow! What a kid! Bennett is pretty much right there in almost every area... and he's one! :-)
Cute boy!
Post a Comment