Saturday, January 26, 2013

Best Library Finds (1)

I'm thinking of doing a new series on the blog featuring Beckett's favorite library books.

When it comes to library books Beckett has some very strict standards. Those standards involve trains. One day we stopped at the library to drop off some books and Beckett said, "Oh the library. Get a train book."  Usually we have to get more than one.

The last time we went to the library they have a special vehicles display, and I picked up these three books.


Machines At Work is about a group of construction workers building a new building. Beckett said of the first page: "Like at the demolition site!" The workers take a lunch break and put all the machines away at night.

Red Car, Red Bus is a color book. It features different types of vehicles of varying colors. Beckett cheered for the blue bike. I also like to count the different vehicles with Beckett. The illustrations are great and involve some textual collage. I love that it takes place in an English village.

Machines Go To Work is probably Beckett's favorite of the three. I know because he has it memorized and insists on reading it to me. The illustrations in this book are really lovely. I would hang the fire truck and cherry blossoms page on my wall.

No comments: