Friday, March 22, 2013

Best Library Finds (3)


Emergency! is a good choice if you have a vehicle enthusiast. Lately we play a lot of "Fireman Beckett" and "Fireman Mommy" around here, so B was really pleased with this library book. It also has a breakdown train in it, so it counted as a train book when we found it at the library. (Thankfully. Sometimes it's really hard to find a train book, and we cannot leave the library with at least one or two.)

This is Not My Hat won the Caldecott this year. A little fish steals a big fish's hat. That's a mistake. A big mistake. Beckett wanted to read this again and again.

Sleep Like a Tiger won a Caldecott honor. It is a goodnight book featuring a little girl who sleeps like a bunch of different animals. The illustrations are enchanting and reminiscent of Marc Chagall and Gustav Klimt.

I Want My Hat Back is a companion to This is Not My Hat and was written first. I think I liked the story better. I enjoyed reading, "Okay. Thank you anyway." The Bear, who is looking for his hat, demanded to be read with a slightly slow, rather depressed voice (think Eeyore). Beckett really liked these hat books.

No comments: