Monday, February 24, 2014

Lots of Snow

Earlier this month we got a lot of snow. It snowed about 14" on Thursday night, 9" on Friday night, and 6" on Saturday morning. I did a lot of shoveling.

A big snow storm every once and a while can be so much fun. I made Beckett a slide on the huge pile of snow by our walkway. (That huge pile has yet to completely melt.) Felix spent some time outside with us until he took his boots off and started walking around in the snow with just his socks on. It was cold. He cried. Then he got booted back indoors.

On Saturday morning the whole family went sledding together. We borrowed some sleds from our neighbors. We have a great sledding hill right behind our house. (Here's the hill in the spring.) It's hard to remember when the kids have been happier.
We have a couple of daredevils.  They took the inevitable crashes with good humor, for the most part. (Beckett: I never want to crash like that again.)

Beckett looks awesome in his snow gear.
Sledding is serious business.

1 comment:

JoMamma said...

I am very jealous of your snow, and the hill in your yard. This winter was sad as far as snow goes. I love the looks on your boys faces.