Last year after Christmas we went to
Williamsburg, and we had so much fun that we decided to go for a repeat. There's a lot to see in Williamsburg, and even after a second trip, I still feel like we need to go back. I'll save the more historical posts for the new year and focus instead one last Christmasy post for 2014.
One of the big appeals of Williamsburg at Christmastime is Busch Garden's Christmas Town. We loved it so much last year that we really wanted to go back.
While the sun was still up we rode the train and a couple of other rides.
 |
| Here I ask, "who likes the train?" And Felix replies, "I do!" |
Once the sun set we set off to enjoy the 8 million lights. (Yes, that is an accurate number. It's what the announcer told us on the tram ride in.) The park is divided into European countries (and French Canada), which makes for a quaint and other worldly experience
 |
| White lights in France. |
 |
| Fake snow at the North Pole. |
 |
| The huge Christmas tree in Germany. |
 |
| Crossing the "Peace on Earth" bridge. I love this part of the park. It's really pretty and the choral music reminds me of my Children's Choral days. |
 |
| Gold lights in Italy. |
 |
| Green lights in Ireland. |
Christmas Town may be a little over the top, but it's a great way to say farewell to Christmas with a bang. Nate and I were commenting on how well done the music is. They mingle the lights with a lot of classic, instrumental Christmas songs, and the result is really perfect. The crowds were really intense this year, due to the fabulous weather, but we still enjoyed ourselves.
Now we have to wait a whole year for Christmas to come again.
No comments:
Post a Comment