Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Mom Tours

Mom came to visit us this weekend. We had a blast! The pictures don't explain the whole story, so I will give you the highlights.

Saturday:
Visited Adam Ondi Ahman and serendipitously discovered JC Penny's boyhood home. It rained a little, but it didn't spoil our fun.

Sunday:
Went to church and primary. The kids (and all of us) made crafts for the upcoming ward party. We helped JoLee grade tests for one of her jobs. We seriously worked hard to get all the multiple choice parts finished. We left the essays for JoLee's future reading pleasure.

Monday:
Shopping, shopping, and more shopping. Mom and JoLee went to the Gap and found JoLee much needed school clothes. Then they came to Hallmark for a quick tour and more shopping in the discount store. Finally, we went to the Plaza for one last round of shopping. We were all exhausted at the end of the day. Oh yeah, we also had one of the best BBQ meals in KC.

Tuesday:
Went to Lawrence and the University of Kansas. JoLee had class, so I gave Mom a tour of the campus (I took the day off work). We visited The Bob Dole Institute and the art museum. Mom read every plaque as usual. We ended the day back at home watching the Utah version of Pride and Prejudice.

Mom has been a great guest, and it's been fun to have a visitor again. We still get lonely for visitors out here in Kansas, so if you're in the neighborhood, please stop by.

--Nathan

JoLee and Nate looking over the valley of Adam Ondi Ahman (about 1 1/2 hours from our home).

JoLee and Mom at Adam Ondi Ahman. Right after I took this picture it started to rain.

JoLee on the 9th floor at the Hallmark headquarters. She toured the facility and picked up slack.

JoLee and Nate in Nate's cubicle. This was the best moment I've ever spent in my cubicle. Notice the family picture in the background.

Nathan in the historic Allen Fieldhouse. The Kansas Jayhawks still play here after 50 years. It's hard for students and the general public to get tickets to the games, but hopefully we'll get the chance while JoLee is studying here.

4 comments:

JoLee said...

Note: I am neither wearing a short skirt nor a long jacket. Whether or I not I picked up any slack is questionable.

JoLee said...

If you couldn't tell from the pictures we had so, so, so much fun! We owe Dorothy a huge THANK YOU for making the long trek out and spoiling us!!! We loved having a chance to spend some time with family.

Aaron said...

That looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully Brooke and I can make it out there soon.

Dorothy said...

I knew it would be fun to visit with JoLee and Nate but was truly surprised at how beautiful Kansas is. It is a hidden gem...REALLY!
We had a great time and now I need (yawn)...to rest.... Until the next meeting-up time!