Friday, October 24, 2008

All about Taggart

October 18th is my brother's birthday. Nate and I got to celebrate with him this year.

The night before his birthday we went to see Taggart's band, "Tom's Got Shingles," perform. Here's Taggart rocking out on his bass guitar with his fellow band mates.

Check out the lead singer. I told my parent that the lead singer reminded me of Gil, the lead guitarist in Lane Kim's band on Gilmore Girls. Later, I talked to my brother about the lead singer and I was so right. He is just like Gil. He is way older than the rest of the band members; he has at least two kids; he has crazy long hair. He is Gil in real life.

After the set, Nate and I wanted a picture with The Bass Player (T. B. Player). He kindly obliged. Sort of.

The next day we went to have a birthday picnic (complete with present) at this great new open area park in Colorado Springs.


The whole experience reminded me of this time that we went to have a birthday picnic for my dad with my cousins, Aunt Patti, Uncle Todd, and Gramma.

The park where we were eating for Taggart's birthday definitely shared some similarities with the park where we had dad's picnic. But I think the deja-vu actually had just as much to do with the fact that these two occasions are the ONLY times we have had birthday picnics. Anyway, it made me really wish that we had made Taggart a really awesome birthday crown like my aunt did for my dad.

To truly experience the humor of this picture you have to understand that my dad really, Really, REALLY hates birthdays.

After the picnic we went on a 3-mile hike admiring the great red rock formations and the Fall colors.


On the top of one of the rises we had this spectacular view of Garden of the Gods.

Taggart and Nate climbed up these rocks to admire the view. Behind them you can see the results of the quarrying that was done in this area.

Here's my dad getting that perfect shot while the rest of us admire the view.

The View:

9 comments:

Dorothy said...

So, so beautiful! That is- the people AND the scenery...

Miss you

Rebecca said...

Beautiful pictures! My mom said she saw you guys while you were in town! I wish I could've seen you too.

Susan said...

Those photos are beautiful - I'm so homesick for Colorado!

Floyd Family said...

It looks like so much fun. I love fall colors - especially against the backdrop of redrock!

The Lane Family said...

Taggart is looks so different!!! I will always remember him as this skinny boy in middle school.

Jackie Jones said...

What beautiful colors in those pictures.

Brooke Wentzel Stephens said...

That's gorgeous!

Paige said...

I've been thinking, I don't think Dad hates birthdays; I think he just dislikes being the center of attention, particularly when it involves doing embarrassing things, like wearing green, paper crowns. Props to Patti, though, it was a good crown.

Shannon said...

How pretty! It reminds me of where we're moving.