Thursday, March 05, 2015

Felix Gets a Haircut

Felix has the loveliest hair with golden ringlets. I got a comment on his hair every single day. And that is not an exaggeration. But we knew his long hair couldn't last forever. We decided we would cut his hair when he turned three. It was time.

Felix's hair looked pretty amazing when I did it, but it could also look super crazy. Plus, it was crazy long--halfway down his back when wet.

The day before his haircut I did his hair so that it would look extra nice, and we went outside to take a few pictures. (On the last snow-free Sunday in February.)

His hair looked so good this day that it was hard to know that the next day it would all be gone.

When we got to the hair stylist, Felix volunteered to go first. (Beckett and I also got haircuts.) His current obsession is Angry Birds, so he was thrilled to wear the smock. Funniest moment from the haircut: Christy asked me if we had any fun plans for the weekend (Valentine's Day), and Felix replied, "Me go Toby's house."  That definitely was not in the plans, but I think Felix would live at Toby's house if he could.

Here's the final product. A couple shots from the day of the big chop:

It was so short. I wasn't really loving it at first. I wished I had done everything differently and had the stylist give him a chin-length haircut and then trim up from there. I felt like the bangs, especially, were too short.

It's now a couple weeks later, and I'm liking the short hair much better. It's still very curly. Where there is any length at all the hair wants to curl into a ringlet. One nice thing about the shorter hair is that it looks good whether or not we actually do it. Looser curls and tighter curls both look equally nice. I think the shorter hair makes Felix look less like a baby and more like a rascal, but since he is kind of a rascal, I guess the 'do suits him.

No comments: