Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Istablogged, Winter Edition

Jet Lagged in CA during our Disneyland trip.
Elsa and Anna
Bert and Mary Poppins
The 70+ degree weather in LA was nice, but I also love a snowy January afternoon.
Bedheaded pancake maker.
We did a ladies-only trip to the Smithsonian American Art Museum. I was the personal tour guide, and it was so much fun. Here's the gorgeous visible storage.
I figured out how to do a 5-strand braid on my own hair. I feel so fancy.
Another photo-worthy train track.
Our sofa finally arrives!
Boys trying out the new sofa.
Reading on a snowy Saturday. (This was also the day of Nate's birthday, and it got completely snowed out.)
I did an art history class for Beckett's preschool. We talked about special art vocabulary: portraits, landscapes, still lifes, and abstract art. Then the kids made their own landscapes, still lifes, and abstractions. (They make lots of portraits already.) We made the classroom into a museum for the parents to visit. This is Beckett's still life. You can see the different kinds of fruit in a bowl.
These may look like abstractions, but they are actually landscapes. (They are green, after all.) Beckett's is a tall mountain.
Blurry swinging at an indoor playground.
Visits from old friends are the best. So glad that Kristen could come by. It was so short but also so sweet.
 When I ask: Are you tired of all my snow pictures? Too bad. That's all I've got this winter.
Another visit from an old friend. And a facebook win. Suzanne posted some pictures of Baltimore on facebook, so I commented, "I live in Baltimore. Come see me." So, she did! It was so much fun to catch up. We hadn't seen each other for almost18 years.
Welcome to Daylight Savings where not even video games can keep you awake until bedtime. (If you're Felix anyway. Beckett was up until 10pm, just not tired.)
The first day of spring. One lesson I learned from my years in Colorado is that you can never rely on spring.

No comments: