Saturday, June 28, 2008
The City Museum
Nate and I had been to The City Museum before, and we thought it would be a really fun thing to do with Paige, Peter, and Taggart. And it was. We started out in the caves that are constructed around the shoe factory's chutes. Taggart squeezed through some tight spots. We kept thinking that Peter was right ahead of us and then he would pop up across the room.



The last time Nate and I were at the City Museum it was February and all the outdoor stuff was closed. This time we spent a lot of time outside. We were there at night, so here is a picture of the outside portion of the museum from another website so that you can get a better idea what it looks like.
There are some seriously high places to crawl around in at the City Museum. Paige and I thought they were pretty freaky, but, when we went outside, we fashioned a new rule: "where one person goes, everyone goes," and we stuck to that. All of us climbed through the highest wire tunnel, and here is the photographic evidence to prove that I did:
We went down all the slides. For some reason Taggart really couldn't slide. He basically had to crawl down the 5 or 6 slides.
And, of course, Paige and I had to pose like these statues. Posing for a photo-op was one of the themes of the trip.
Everyone loved The City Museum. The trip was a huge success. We played like kids. Paige and Peter said it was the best thing that we did in St. Louis. Taggart said it was the most fun he had had since he moved there a month earlier. Nate and I said this second trip was more fun than the first one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That is really a cool museum! You both always know all of the cool places to go.
Indeed, it was the highlight of the trip. And climbing through those super high tunnels makes you feel invinsible!
What a cool museum. Looks like a ton of fun!! Brad and I had a great time with you guys at dinner the other night too.
That looks like so much fun! I need to be your sister for a day so you can show me around :)
Nate-
There was a nervous little sunbeam visiting our Primary on Sunday, and she spent the whole time sitting on my lap. She was adorable, and her name was Sarah Jane Underwood. I'm sure you recognize the name. Her dad and I talked for just a bit about your college days and how glad we both were that you were smart enough to realize you had a great thing in JoLee! Small world, isn't it? Anyways, we love reading your blog and vicariously joining in on these great adventures you two have!
Melissa
Wow, you met the famous Zach Underwood. I shudder to think about the stories he told. (They're probably all true.) We can only hope that Sarah takes after her mother. And thanks for the plug on the blog, I hope we can keep you entertained!
JoLee!!!
I'm so excited to hear from you, I will have to catch up on all your happenings on your blog...thanks for getting in touch!
I need to get your updated email address so I can get your other info (address, etc.)
Talk to you soon!
hey it is Tiffany Strong (Rust) how are you doing? hope you are great. I got your blog from nan...contact me sometime. I hope you are great you look so so happy!
Post a Comment