
1.What was your school's full name? Rampart High School
2. School mascot? Ram
3. Did you win anything in Seniors Who's Who? I don’t think we had these awards. The best award that I won in high school was a city-wide scholar-athlete award. All the schools would nominate one person from every sport and then the winner for each sport was announced at a banquet. I won for girls' cross country my senior year. Here I am with my medal.

4. What kind of car did you drive? A blue, Ford Taurus station wagon. It was perfect for taking everyone from seminary to school. And Paul Simon was always playing in my car. Sadly, no picture.
5. It's Friday night...where are you? We had a lot of cross country parties, which basically consisted of everyone on the team watching movies or playing pool at one of our teammate’s houses.
6. Were you a party animal? Definitely not. If I wasn't at a cross country party my preferred weekend night activity was watching TV with my mom. Seriously.
7. Were you considered a flirt? no
8. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I sang in choir all four years of high school. The picture below is from my senior year. Our choir teacher was unable to come to the concert so the boys all decided they weren't going to wear their shirts. And the thing is that the guys shirts were just plain blue and not crazy, big plaid like the girls.

9. Were you a nerd? I'd probably have to say yes. I took all the TAG (talented and gifted) classes I could and some AP classes. And, if not nerdy, at least a little quirky. Remember the stick figures post?
10. Did you get suspended/expelled? Not even close.
11. Can you sing the fight song? Of course. “We are the Rams of Rampart. Fight for the blue and gold. We’ve got a spirit that sets us apart. We have a story to be told, for we are the Rams of Rampart. Winners as you can see. Fighting. Striving. There’s no denying that we’re headed for victory.”
12. Who were your favorite teachers? Mr. Clark: U.S. History and my track coach. We used to go downtown and run at the park for practice. Mr. Clark had a Sesame Street tape in his car that we always listened to on the way. I can still sing 3 of the songs. Mrs. McCombs: My awesome senior English teacher. She really got me ready for college. At the end of the year she had her senior English class over to her house for breakfast. The only stipulation was that we had to try grits. I was not a fan. Mr. Bierman: My sophomore English teacher. He taught me how to write a thesis statement. Madame Kozhevnikov: She was my French teacher. She had lots of funny stories about when she was a cheer leader and her Russian husband. One time Katherine accidentally locked Eddie in the closet in her class. Mr. Duggan: My junior English teacher. Lots of funny things happened in Mr. Duggan's class. His TAs gave him a goldfish for his birthday, which they christened Bitey. When Bitey died Mr. Duggan wrote a hilarious elegy for him. Then he got some new fish named Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. Also, Mr. Duggan had us rewrite the Beatles' song "She Loves You" in Shakespearean English. I have never forgotten it: "She loveth thee and thou knowest that canst be bad. She loveth thee and thou knowest thou shouldst be glad."
13. Where did you sit during lunch? The lunchroom opened up to the central portion of the high school where all the halls came together – sort of like an atrium – and that’s where we always sat. On the floor. Usually over by the auditorium doors. I can only remember sitting at a table for lunch in high school once.
14. Did you date someone from your school? Yes, Dave Gotsill.
15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? I went to Homecoming with Dave Gotsill my junior year and Hadley Henshaw my senior year. This is Dave. His outfit looks kind of funny now. I look so young.

16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No way. Life after high school is so much better.
17. Where did you go senior skip day? We went out to breakfast and then to the park. Senior skip day was lame. I ended up going back to school. See, I really was a nerd.
18. Were you in any clubs? Sports. I ran track and cross country in high school. The track team was really good. We won state my sophomore and junior years. This picture is from my junior year. The picture of me running is from my sophomore cross country season.

19. Who was your prom date? Chris Guillan. Prom was so lame. Ask anyone. The music was terrible. Plus, my date and I were both on the track team, and Prom was held right after the conclusion of the two-day Regional Track Meet so we were so tired.

20. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Who wrote this quiz? Is this supposed to make me feel old? My 10 year reunion was last year, and I did go. It was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. It was kind of scary how little people changed. The "cool" people still didn't really talk to the rest of us.
21. Do you still talk to people from school? A few. Jessica (we went to collage and grad. school together too). Rebecca. Some people I recently found on facebook.
9 comments:
Wow, this post made me really glad I do not have pictures from high school. I think that Singsations picture should be burnt. Why am I the only one whose shirt isn't tucked in? I'm so confused. And I totally don't remember that concert, which is unsurprising given the sheer number of concerts in our young lifetimes. Although note, for the record, that Eddie looks exactly the way he always looked when he was singing. I know this look well as we often had to look at each other simultaneously while singing in the musicals.
Also for the record, I love grits. Happily, since I live in Georgia, I can eat them all the time.
And one question. I thought it was Eddie that got locked in the closet. Or was this a separate incident? If so, that closet was quite busy.
And lastly (I promise) I thought senior skip day was awesome. The second time I ever skipped school. Ever. I would learn the error of my ways later on and skip regularly.
Do I really look that bad?
That Singsations concert was at one of the schools--you know, recruiting for high school choir. I'm wondering how Clint could sing the way that he is sitting.
What did you do during senior skip day? It must have been different than what I did because I thought the whole thing was really underwhelming, almost boring.
Maybe it was Eddie that got locked in the closet. I must be remembering the incident incorrectly. I can fix that.
I love your pictures! What fun!
Wow, you have such a good memory! I can barely remember my high school teachers names, much less what I learned from them. Although, now that you mention it, I do remember rewriting that Beatles song in Mr. Duggan's class.
Before I met you, I had never heard of Paul Simon (Gasp). But after countless hours spent in the Taurus, I had every one of his songs memorized!
To this day, anytime I hear his music, I always think of you!:)
No, you don't look bad at all. I look horrific. I think all pictures of me post-puberty and pre-college should be burnt.
I remember for senior skip day pretty much what you do. Except that I found the fact that I wasn't in school reward enough. Plus there was breakfast.
And yes, I'm 75% sure Eddie was locked in the closet. I do remember all the surrounding chaos, though, since the teacher was gone and we were frantically trying to get whoever it was out before she came back, but were having trouble because we all kept collapsing in laughter.
I just want to note that I am pleased you posted a trackpicture where you are in your own row. That's what I remember about you being in high school. You always got your own row in the team pictures.
Paige - I know. I really always did have my own row in pictures. I'm still kind of annoyed about it.
Rebecca - I'm so glad that Paul Simon makes you think of me. And I'm sure that you did have all his songs memorized because when I say that no other music was played in my car you know that I am not exaggerating.
Jessica - I think that you senior pictures turned out really great! Please don't burn them. And I must be a teacher because I still think that skipping class is so overrated.
I LOVED these pictures of you from High School JoLee. What a gorgeous girl!!
I should have posted more pictures of me. I used a few from online. I should have added track to my "clubs". I didn't think of that. It was fun to read your tag and to see your pictures :)
Post a Comment