Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Paige and Peter in KC
Paige and Peter came all the way from Utah to visit us so we had to show them a good time. We went to the Deanna Rose Farm. The last time that Paige visited this cow and this bison were little babies. They lived together as babies, and now they are adolescents, and they are still friends. Paige and Peter also had a chance to feed the goats. The goats really like it when people feed them.

I took Paige and Peter to the World War I Museum. Paige is teaching WWI next year, so she was really interested in seeing the National WWI Museum. Here's Peter and Paige at the museum with the city behind them. One of the cool things about the museum is that there are a bunch of interactive consuls where you can learn more about the weapons, airplanes, and camouflage, etc. that were used in the war. On one of the consuls you can design you own memorial. Here is mine.

While we waited for Nate to finish up at work, the three of us went to the Kauffman Gardens. Paige really liked the fountain.


After we picked up Nate and went to dinner we went to the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art. The weather was pretty nice so we walked around the sculpture garden. The sculpture below is made from wood. Paige and Peter got a picture with the Shuttlecocks, and Paige and I played a rousing game of badminton.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Excellent. That is a very good representation of our time in Kansas City. It was super fun! Thanks again for having us!
I wish I had friends who came from away to visit me. You're so lucky!
I wish my far away friends would come visit, too. Looks like you guys had a good time.
Post a Comment